Friday, August 26, 2005

Put this on your Christmas wish list!

Ooooooh, can't wait to hear this!

Selah Slated to Release New Hymns Album
Greatest Hymns, from multiple Dove Award-winning Curb recording artist Selah, will release August 23. The collection brings together performances of 12 hymns from their three previous studio recordings, including "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," "There Is Power In The Blood," "How Great Thou Art," "Amazing Grace" and "Bika Mono Ve (Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior)/It Is Well With My Soul."
In addition, Greatest Hymns includes three selections available for the first time on a Selah recording: "O Sacred Head Now Wounded," from the multi-artist Next Door Savior project; the trio's never-before-released rendition of "Be Thou My Vision"; and "Be Thou Near To Me," with Jim Brickman from his Grace recording.
"Be Thou My Vision," the first single from Greatest Hymns, is currently #10 on CRW's Inspirational chart for the week of August 15.
"This collection brings together the hymns we have recorded, along with the song we did with Jim Brickman," said Selah's Todd Smith. "These songs have so much depth we hope people will be able to listen, relax, and spend time worshipping."
"'I'm especially excited that listeners will be able to hear our version of 'Be Thou My Vision,'" said Selah's Allan Hall. "I think it represents 'vintage Selah' and is one of my favorite tracks we've recorded. I'm also pleased we could include 'O Sacred Head Now Wounded.' With the pictures it paints, I believe it is one of the best-written hymns."

No comments: