Friday, May 29, 2009

Catching up and Friday stuff!

That ALMOST rhymes.....


Hey there....Jill Here! Remember me??? Ha!


It's been busy around here. We had a WONDERFUL Memorial Day Weekend! We have some family that comes into town just about every year for Memorial Day and we always have such a good time together. The weather was just gorgeous. We did a lot of visiting and eating and playing. Sunday was church. Sunday night I watched the Memorial Day Concert special from Washington D.C. on PBS. It was excellent and an important reminder of what the holiday is really about....put it all into perspective. Monday morning was the big annual Culbertson Memorial Day breakfast picnic. Lots of yummy food and spending time with some of Mike's family that we don't get to see too often. So....it was ALL good! A great weekend!

A week from today is the kid's first day of Summer vacation. Yikes....I am trembling in my boots! After the Summer we had last year, I said I was going to have a plan for this year. Still haven't come up with that yet. Hopefully Sam and Grace will have another week at Camp Straight Street again this year. We had so much fun last year. Sam will have summer School in July. And we hope to get up to Michigan some time to visit Mike's sister and her family. So, I guess we do have some plans. I just need to have "a plan" for the days when we don't have any plans so I don't tear my hair out!

I'm excited about NEXT weekend! We are having a family reunion with my Dad's family. They are coming here to Ohio....some from New York and some from Virginia. We don't get to see each other very often so I am REALLY looking forward to it!

Tomorrow night Mike and I are going to a dinner at church honoring everyone who volunteers in different areas of the church. (At this point I'm just Mike's date.) Mike's Mom is going to watch the kids so we will kind of get a little date. Should be fun.


On the scrapping front I've been busy both scrapping and designing. Here are some recent layouts.....


This is from our trip to the beach back in 2004. The kids are so little!! For this LO I used a brand new kit out today from Haynay Designs called "A Stone's Throw." It's a great boy/adventure kit.




And every day is a little more magical with a little Disney World in it so here are the lastest DW layouts I've done. (Great kit from Sahlin Studio called "Enjoy The Moment" BTW) One of these days I will get all the Disney photos scrapped and have books made up for the kids.....and me. Maybe by Christmas! On the other hand, it's kind of nice to drag them out because they're so darned fun to scrap and bring back such good memories!
I'm working on some new designs myself. And in that regard I will probably be taking down some of the current freebies to make room for some new stuff. Hopefully I will have some exciting news to share soon!
Okay, I think that's it for now!
Ooh....one last thing.....over on the Haynay Designs blog, Heather has made up a little freebie. It's a cute card for your kids to give to their teachers on the last day of school or with a thank you gift. She used her "School's Out For Summer" kit. It's really cute and you can check it out here.
Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill:
Leveta (Kaitrin and Sam's Mom) here! Can you believe it? (o: Love the pics of your cute kiddoes! They are growing up WAY to fast.Your plans for the Summer sound like lots of fun.Any chance those plans include the Dillon reunion? I would love to meet you all!
Leveta