Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas is coming....

The goose is getting fat! Please put a penny in the old man's hat. If you haven't got a penny a half-penny will do. If you haven't got a half-penny, God bless you!

Sorry, I just can't say "Christmas is coming!" without saying the rest of the song! We used to sing it in music class when I was a kid. Did you?

Anyways, I digress......Soon our Christmas festivities will be beginning. I feel like a little kid. I can hardly stand the wait. The problem with getting things like shopping and wrapping done early is that then you have to wait for everybody else to get done too! LOL!

This afternoon Mike's family will be coming over to celebrate Christmas together. Saturday we will be celebrating our own little Christmas here at home. We opted out of going to church on Christmas Eve and having our annual big Christmas Eve party this year. Since Christmas falls on Sunday this year, we felt there was no way we would make it to church on time if we also did "Christmas morning". So on Sunday, we will go to church and then to my Mom and Dad's.

So today we are cleaning and cooking and getting ready for this afternoon (Mike is off work). Thank goodness for PBS. They are playing all kid's Christmas specials today...Barney, Elmo, Angelina Ballerina, and much to our surprise this morning, Veggie Tales' "The Star of Christmas". So they've been entralled all morning and I've been able to get things done. (Just taking a break because I realized I never ate breakfast!)

Better get moving!

No comments: