Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy Birthday My Friend!!!


Happy Birthday to my dear friend Tina!! She's celebrating the big 3_? this year! It's hard to believe, but Tina and I met over 20 years ago (YIKES!) in college. We had just about all of our classes together since we were both in the nursing program. But we really became friends through boys and basketball...that is the boys who played basketball.....I won't even go there! After college, we both took nursing jobs at the same hospital and rented an apartment together....a first for both of us. We were roomates for about 2 1/2 years until we both decided to move on to other things in our lives. We've gone in very different directions....I exchanged the RN after my name for the MRS. before it. Tina has gone on to become an intelligent professional in the field of pediatric oncology nursing (She was ALWAYS intelligent BTW! LOL!). She has also travelled extensively for both personal and professional reasons. She is very independent and loyal, and passionate about what she believes in. I'm very proud of all she's accomplished.

Our friendship has survived us living together, traveling together (I'll have to write sometime about the trip we affectionately refer to as "the weekend from HE_ _!"), marriage and kids (both mine), living in different states, living in different countries, and the afore-mentioned "boys" (back then, yes, they were definitely BOYS!)

Tina, I'm very blessed to call you my friend!! I wish we were together today.....consider yourself hugged!
Happy Birthday my dear friend!!!!!!

No comments: