Friday, May 28, 2010

My, Oh My!!!

Where has the month of May gone??? It seems like just yesterday the month just began and I was anxiously anticipating our trip to Disney World and now Memorial Day Weekend is upon us!

Well, it's been a crazy month with a couple unexpected twists and turns! Mike and I had four wonderful days at Disney World. On the evening of our fourth day I started to not feel so well. I felt feverish and then during the night my leg started to hurt. I spent the next day in bed at our resort with a fever and my leg blew up like a watermelon. The last day and a half of our vacation were spent in our hotel room. I stayed in bed and mostly slept. We flew home the next day, but we knew something was not right!

[I want to interject here that our friends Tina and Brian stayed with our kids while we were gone and did a WONDERFUL job keeping our kiddos in their routine, getting them off to school, helping with homework, etc. We are SO thankful for the generosity of their time so that we could take our trip!]

So, the morning after we got home, we first headed out to a nearby urgent care center, later in the day we went to the ER, and I was ultimately admitted to the hospital for four days. Turns out that I had developed cellulitis in my leg. But not only that, when they did labs, they also discovered that I was SEVERELY anemic! So I wound up getting a bunch of antibiotics and blood.

I've been home for a week and a half now and my leg is finally getting close to normal size. I will have to have some tests next month to determine the cause of the anemia.....but I'm trying not to think of that just yet. :/

A couple days after I got home, Mike had to go on a business trip for three days. I am SO thankful for family who has helped with getting the kids off to school and home from school, making meals for us, and driving me where I needed to go. We are so blessed!
So now it's officially Memorial Day Weekend. And the kids only have three more days of school next week. So that's been our May 2010 in a nutshell!

You can see I haven't had a ton of time for scrapbooking, but I did manage to get a few pages done. Funny thing.....you would think that I would've gotten a ton of pages done while I've been home recouperating. But a couple times when I had the laptop out and tried to scrap, I could hardly keep my eyes open and kept dozing off. I guess pain meds will do that to you. LOL!

Here's some layouts......

Shabby Chic by WM[squared] Designs
Template from ScrapMatters' Black Friday Mega Template Pack
Focus by Page Frocks (collab.)
Template from Inspired By Denise by Darcy Baldwin

My Honey Bunny by Connie Prince


Patriotic Pride
Love Me Some White Space Templates both by Trixie Scraps


Life's Little Surprises a collab. by the ScrapMatters' Designers
Template from ScrapMatter's Black Friday Mega Template Pack




Good Times All Around by Haynay Designs


Have a GREAT weekend!!




Photobucket

No comments: